Monday, April 21, 2008

A Small Point

Oooops... forgot to mention that my Dad lost his job last week.

It seems that Sam has sold the factory that employs him. However, all is not lost... it appears that Sam has basically created a job for him elsewhere - a sort of 'jack-of-all-trades' role, where Dad will fill in for others in the various businesses owned by Sam, and do general maintenance and bits and bobs. I have to say a huge thanks to him actually... Sam may not be my favourite person of all time, specifically in relation to his treatment of my Sister, but in some areas I cannot fault him (cue small round of muted applause). This really does save my Dad from a possible scrap heap (because of the employment situation in Lowestoft right now and my Dad's worsening arthritis), and hopefully he can see the last five years of his working life out in relative peace.

No comments: